Tribute to Tiki Barber
I know at least 95% of Kuwait population cares less about this post but I am publishing it anyways as a tribute to a man who was the strength point behind the New York Giants for the past 10 years.
After confirming his retirement while he is at his peak performance level, Tiki Barber played his last NFL game yesterday at the Pro Bowl (hell, he even scored a touchdown).
- 15,232 career total yards (8,787 rushing, 4,718 receiving, 1,181 punt returns, 544 kickoff returns and 2 fumble yardage), the highest total in franchise history and the 18th-highest in NFL History
- Rushed for a franchise record 8,787 yards (on 1,890 carries)…
- His 4.7-yards-per-carry average is the highest among the top 10 rushers in franchise history
- The 1,890 rushing attempts place him 1st on the team’s career list, ahead of Rodney Hampton (1,824)
- 1st on the team’s career list with 50 rushing touchdowns
- 2nd on the Giants career list with 528 receptions, 1 behind of teammate Amani Toomer
- 4th in Giants history with 1,181 punt return yards
- Played in each of the last 3 Pro Bowls
- Broke his own franchise record with 2,390 total yards in 2005, the 2nd most in NFL history.
- His previous record was set in 2004 with 2,096 all-purpose yards (1,518 rushing and 578 receiving)
- Has 3 times set the team record for most receptions in a season by a running back, 1st with 66 in 1999, then with 70 in 2000 and finally with 72 in 2001.
Thank you for 10 years of excellence